The Pandora maufacturing update as posted by Evil Dragon:
- Get the final CNCed case (should be finished approx. end of February)
- Wait until the mould of the keymat is finished
- Design the final keyboard layout
- Create mould of final case (can be done once the case fits)
- CE / FCC testing (can be done once the case is here)
- Mass Production testrun for the final boards
- Stability testing (this will be fun)
- Wait for the last remaining pieces for mass production (LATEST deadline is second week of March)
- Mass Production
- Test the boards
- SHIP THEM
From what we understand the case is on-route from China, and should be available to Evil Dragon (to showcase at a European computer show) and MWeston (to iron out any issues) very very soon.
The last chance for ordering a first batch machine has now been set, the date is the end of the first week in March 2009 - only a few days left.
Here is another YouTube video on Pandora from Evil Dragon showing the matchbox windows manager: